It may seem cynical to characterize the music game as one big Popularity contest, but, in reality, that’s exactly what it is—being good at what you do is a plus, of course, but even the most talented artist is nothing if nobody knows his name. Brooklyn’s Skyzoo may be all about the music, but you’d better believe he’s put in the work necessary to make himself known; on the newly-released lead single off forthcoming debut album The Salvation (set to drop on the 29th via Jamia/Duck Down), the emcee explains that, as far as he’s concerned, he’s the most popular guy on the scene! Over Nottz’ chilled-out, bass-driven groove, ‘zoo flaunts his pen game and his high profile, showcasing his one-of-a-kind style with the help of a few catchy, cartoonish overdubs. Packing his laid-back verses with line after line of
gospel truth, the rapper radiates well-warranted self-assurance. One thing’s for certain: Skyzoo knows exactly how to boost his rep among our readership—watch for the emcee to step into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle sometime in the last week of September!
Written by richard on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.