It may seem cynical to characterize the music game as one big Popularity contest, but, in reality, that’s exactly what it is—being good at what you do is a plus, of course, but even the most talented artist is nothing if nobody knows his name. Brooklyn’s Skyzoo may be all about the music, but you’d better believe he’s put in the work necessary to make himself known; on the newly-released lead single off forthcoming debut album The Salvation (set to drop on the 29th via Jamia/Duck Down), the emcee explains that, as far as he’s concerned, he’s the most popular guy on the scene! Over Nottz’ chilled-out, bass-driven groove, ‘zoo flaunts his pen game and his high profile, showcasing his one-of-a-kind style with the help of a few catchy, cartoonish overdubs. Packing his laid-back verses with line after line of
gospel truth, the rapper radiates well-warranted self-assurance. One thing’s for certain: Skyzoo knows exactly how to boost his rep among our readership—watch for the emcee to step into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle sometime in the last week of September!
Listen to More: Skyzoo
Written by richard on 09/9/09
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.