In the 2013 hip-hop game, a rapper launching an online series is about as newsworthy as the sun rising in the morning. When the rapper in question is Skyzoo, however, it’s a different story. Kicking off this week, the Band Practice series will see the Brooklyn underground phenom releasing an exclusive freestyle over a new jazz composition each Tuesday. For those who aren’t already excited by the premise, inaugural entry Phone Calls, which features Sky delivering complex, introspective bars over a mellow Madlib beat, should be sufficient proof of concept. While you wait for next week’s freestyle to arrive, you’re highly encouraged to check out Skyzoo’s latest video single, Spike Lee Was My Hero. Additionally, fans in the NYC area will want to mark their calendars for “The Writings of Skyzoo,” a February 19, event in which the emcee will take the stage at MIST Harlem to perform a career-spanning set backed by a seven-piece live band.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.