In the 2013 hip-hop game, a rapper launching an online series is about as newsworthy as the sun rising in the morning. When the rapper in question is Skyzoo, however, it’s a different story. Kicking off this week, the Band Practice series will see the Brooklyn underground phenom releasing an exclusive freestyle over a new jazz composition each Tuesday. For those who aren’t already excited by the premise, inaugural entry Phone Calls, which features Sky delivering complex, introspective bars over a mellow Madlib beat, should be sufficient proof of concept. While you wait for next week’s freestyle to arrive, you’re highly encouraged to check out Skyzoo’s latest video single, Spike Lee Was My Hero. Additionally, fans in the NYC area will want to mark their calendars for “The Writings of Skyzoo,” a February 19, event in which the emcee will take the stage at MIST Harlem to perform a career-spanning set backed by a seven-piece live band.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.