In the 2013 hip-hop game, a rapper launching an online series is about as newsworthy as the sun rising in the morning. When the rapper in question is Skyzoo, however, it’s a different story. Kicking off this week, the Band Practice series will see the Brooklyn underground phenom releasing an exclusive freestyle over a new jazz composition each Tuesday. For those who aren’t already excited by the premise, inaugural entry Phone Calls, which features Sky delivering complex, introspective bars over a mellow Madlib beat, should be sufficient proof of concept. While you wait for next week’s freestyle to arrive, you’re highly encouraged to check out Skyzoo’s latest video single, Spike Lee Was My Hero. Additionally, fans in the NYC area will want to mark their calendars for “The Writings of Skyzoo,” a February 19, event in which the emcee will take the stage at MIST Harlem to perform a career-spanning set backed by a seven-piece live band.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)