At the very start of Brooklyn spitter Skyzoo‘s Jansport Strings he raps, “My mama prayed that I wouldn’t be Chi-Ali/ Now my mama straight cause I wanted to be Chi-Ali.” So I probably don’t have to tell you how incredibly dope it is that Skyzoo was able to recruit the Bronx rapper for a newly-released remix of Jansport Strings, right? Jansport Strings (Remix) serves as the first record Chi-Ali has appeared on in quite sometime due to a 12-year prison sentence he recently served, but it’s as if the newly freed emcee hasn’t missed a beat on the 9th Wonder-produced cut. Jansport Strings (Remix) serves as merely a promotional single, but the original version of the record can be found on Skyzoo’s Dream Deferred album, which is due out today and can be previewed and purchased via The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.