At the very start of Brooklyn spitter Skyzoo‘s Jansport Strings he raps, “My mama prayed that I wouldn’t be Chi-Ali/ Now my mama straight cause I wanted to be Chi-Ali.” So I probably don’t have to tell you how incredibly dope it is that Skyzoo was able to recruit the Bronx rapper for a newly-released remix of Jansport Strings, right? Jansport Strings (Remix) serves as the first record Chi-Ali has appeared on in quite sometime due to a 12-year prison sentence he recently served, but it’s as if the newly freed emcee hasn’t missed a beat on the 9th Wonder-produced cut. Jansport Strings (Remix) serves as merely a promotional single, but the original version of the record can be found on Skyzoo’s Dream Deferred album, which is due out today and can be previewed and purchased via The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.