Skyzoo set a mighty high bar for his Band Practice series with inaugural entry Phone Calls, which won an average 3.8-star rating from our readers. Not one to rest on his laurels, the Brooklyn mic-murderer manages to come even harder on his second weekly freestyle, Grew Up on Kool Aid. Hypnotic Brass Ensemble handle production duties this time around, crafting a sonorous horn backdrop for Sky’s rapid-fire autobiographical rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? In addition to tuning in each Tuesday for further Band Practice freestyles, fans in the NYC area should mark their calendars for The Writings of Skyzoo, a concert which will feature the emcee performing a catalog-spanning set backed by a seven-piece jazz ensemble. Click here to purchase tickets to the event, which will take place February 19, at MIST Harlem.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.