Skyzoo set a mighty high bar for his Band Practice series with inaugural entry Phone Calls, which won an average 3.8-star rating from our readers. Not one to rest on his laurels, the Brooklyn mic-murderer manages to come even harder on his second weekly freestyle, Grew Up on Kool Aid. Hypnotic Brass Ensemble handle production duties this time around, crafting a sonorous horn backdrop for Sky’s rapid-fire autobiographical rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? In addition to tuning in each Tuesday for further Band Practice freestyles, fans in the NYC area should mark their calendars for The Writings of Skyzoo, a concert which will feature the emcee performing a catalog-spanning set backed by a seven-piece jazz ensemble. Click here to purchase tickets to the event, which will take place February 19, at MIST Harlem.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.