Skyzoo set a mighty high bar for his Band Practice series with inaugural entry Phone Calls, which won an average 3.8-star rating from our readers. Not one to rest on his laurels, the Brooklyn mic-murderer manages to come even harder on his second weekly freestyle, Grew Up on Kool Aid. Hypnotic Brass Ensemble handle production duties this time around, crafting a sonorous horn backdrop for Sky’s rapid-fire autobiographical rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? In addition to tuning in each Tuesday for further Band Practice freestyles, fans in the NYC area should mark their calendars for The Writings of Skyzoo, a concert which will feature the emcee performing a catalog-spanning set backed by a seven-piece jazz ensemble. Click here to purchase tickets to the event, which will take place February 19, at MIST Harlem.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.