Skyzoo set a mighty high bar for his Band Practice series with inaugural entry Phone Calls, which won an average 3.8-star rating from our readers. Not one to rest on his laurels, the Brooklyn mic-murderer manages to come even harder on his second weekly freestyle, Grew Up on Kool Aid. Hypnotic Brass Ensemble handle production duties this time around, crafting a sonorous horn backdrop for Sky’s rapid-fire autobiographical rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? In addition to tuning in each Tuesday for further Band Practice freestyles, fans in the NYC area should mark their calendars for The Writings of Skyzoo, a concert which will feature the emcee performing a catalog-spanning set backed by a seven-piece jazz ensemble. Click here to purchase tickets to the event, which will take place February 19, at MIST Harlem.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)