Skyzoo set a mighty high bar for his Band Practice series with inaugural entry Phone Calls, which won an average 3.8-star rating from our readers. Not one to rest on his laurels, the Brooklyn mic-murderer manages to come even harder on his second weekly freestyle, Grew Up on Kool Aid. Hypnotic Brass Ensemble handle production duties this time around, crafting a sonorous horn backdrop for Sky’s rapid-fire autobiographical rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? In addition to tuning in each Tuesday for further Band Practice freestyles, fans in the NYC area should mark their calendars for The Writings of Skyzoo, a concert which will feature the emcee performing a catalog-spanning set backed by a seven-piece jazz ensemble. Click here to purchase tickets to the event, which will take place February 19, at MIST Harlem.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.