Skyzoo may not be reigning at the top of the Billboard charts, but there’s no denying the Brooklyn phenom’s made his mark on the game. For proof, simply compare today’s music with the styles that were dominant when he started rapping in the mid-2000s. On the latest entry in his Penny Freestyle Series Pt. 2, Sky toys with the idea of hanging up the mic and leaving town on the First Thing Smoking. Here’s hoping he doesn’t; though his legacy may be secure, the dazzling bars he delivers over Illmind‘s soul-sampled production (originally featured on 8thW1‘s Fool’s Lullaby) indicate that he’s got many years of dope rhymes left in him. Whatever else Sky’s future may hold, you can expect another Penny Freestyle next Thursday. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest installments in the Booth-approved series.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.