On last week’s Penny Freestyle, Skyzoo reflected on the legacy he’s built in the game, and fantasized about leaving town on the First Thing Smokin’. Thankfully, the Brooklyn phenom’s stuck around long enough to bring us another fresh installment, the fourth in total, in Part 2 of his acclaimed series. On Feeding Lines, he looks to Madlib for inspiration on the production tip, lacing the beatsmith’s silky-smooth Later That Night instrumental (sampled from The Moments’ Sexy Mama) with tightly-wound reflections on his mastery of the mic, as well as his peerless pen game: “Lyrically I couldn’t really name another / Only ones that I can name ran with Dame or run above us.” Agree with his lofty self-assessment? Then I don’t need to remind you to keep your browsers locked for further entries in the Penny Freestyle Series, dropping digitally every Thursday.
Written by richard on 08/9/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.