On last week’s Penny Freestyle, Skyzoo reflected on the legacy he’s built in the game, and fantasized about leaving town on the First Thing Smokin’. Thankfully, the Brooklyn phenom’s stuck around long enough to bring us another fresh installment, the fourth in total, in Part 2 of his acclaimed series. On Feeding Lines, he looks to Madlib for inspiration on the production tip, lacing the beatsmith’s silky-smooth Later That Night instrumental (sampled from The Moments’ Sexy Mama) with tightly-wound reflections on his mastery of the mic, as well as his peerless pen game: “Lyrically I couldn’t really name another / Only ones that I can name ran with Dame or run above us.” Agree with his lofty self-assessment? Then I don’t need to remind you to keep your browsers locked for further entries in the Penny Freestyle Series, dropping digitally every Thursday.
Written by richard on 08/9/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.