On last week’s Penny Freestyle, Skyzoo reflected on the legacy he’s built in the game, and fantasized about leaving town on the First Thing Smokin’. Thankfully, the Brooklyn phenom’s stuck around long enough to bring us another fresh installment, the fourth in total, in Part 2 of his acclaimed series. On Feeding Lines, he looks to Madlib for inspiration on the production tip, lacing the beatsmith’s silky-smooth Later That Night instrumental (sampled from The Moments’ Sexy Mama) with tightly-wound reflections on his mastery of the mic, as well as his peerless pen game: “Lyrically I couldn’t really name another / Only ones that I can name ran with Dame or run above us.” Agree with his lofty self-assessment? Then I don’t need to remind you to keep your browsers locked for further entries in the Penny Freestyle Series, dropping digitally every Thursday.
Written by richard on 08/9/13
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.