On last week’s Penny Freestyle, Skyzoo reflected on the legacy he’s built in the game, and fantasized about leaving town on the First Thing Smokin’. Thankfully, the Brooklyn phenom’s stuck around long enough to bring us another fresh installment, the fourth in total, in Part 2 of his acclaimed series. On Feeding Lines, he looks to Madlib for inspiration on the production tip, lacing the beatsmith’s silky-smooth Later That Night instrumental (sampled from The Moments’ Sexy Mama) with tightly-wound reflections on his mastery of the mic, as well as his peerless pen game: “Lyrically I couldn’t really name another / Only ones that I can name ran with Dame or run above us.” Agree with his lofty self-assessment? Then I don’t need to remind you to keep your browsers locked for further entries in the Penny Freestyle Series, dropping digitally every Thursday.
Written by richard on 08/9/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.