They say that more money means more problems, but when Skyzoo envisions his flush future, only one downside springs to mind: the headaches he’ll get from constantly tallying up his earnings. The latest entry in the Brooklyn lyricist’s recently-relaunched Penny Freestyle Series (following All Black Walls), Counting Until It Hurts borrows its instrumental backdrop from Fabolous’ Money Talks. Backed by araabMUZIK‘s chopped soul samples, the emcee reflects on his history in the hustle and looks forward to a richer tomorrow in characteristically intricate bars. Has Sky succeeded in outrhyming Fab on his own track? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. Those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in the NYC mic-murderer’s weekly series.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)