They say that more money means more problems, but when Skyzoo envisions his flush future, only one downside springs to mind: the headaches he’ll get from constantly tallying up his earnings. The latest entry in the Brooklyn lyricist’s recently-relaunched Penny Freestyle Series (following All Black Walls), Counting Until It Hurts borrows its instrumental backdrop from Fabolous’ Money Talks. Backed by araabMUZIK‘s chopped soul samples, the emcee reflects on his history in the hustle and looks forward to a richer tomorrow in characteristically intricate bars. Has Sky succeeded in outrhyming Fab on his own track? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. Those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in the NYC mic-murderer’s weekly series.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.