Do you remember when A Milli dropped and EVERYONE in the industry (and outside of it) rapped on it? Since then, there hasn’t really been that one song that feels compelled to tackle. Sure, folks rapped on O Let’s Do It and Tupac Back but not to the same extent. Well , after Otis dropped, I was sure we’d get a wave of rappers jumping on it and sure enough, today we drop off one of the best of those freestyles, Boat Check In (Otis), with NYC’s Skyzoo taking a stab at The Throne’s latest offering. With a more heavily lyrical approach compared to ‘Ye and Jay who created an ode to the aura of “swag,” S-K-Y delves into daily life growing up and the reasons he raps for. Showcasing his skills over the Kanye West-produced beat, Skyzoo plays it cool, but this is still hot enough to have fans anticipating his more additions to his The Penny Freestyle Series, a collection of freestyles done as “lyrical exercise” over random beats. In the meantime, download his acclaimed The Great Debater album now!
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.