Skylar Grey may look young but, after hearing her indulge her homicidal urges on previous single Final Warning, “naïve” and “helpless” are the last words I’d use to describe the singer/songwriter. Others, however, don’t seem to be taking the hint. On freshly-released follow-up Wear Me Out, the KIDinaKORNER/Interscope signee informs those who continue to underestimate her that she’s not nearly as innocent as she appears, reflecting on the decades of hard living that turned her from a “smartass little girl” into the tenacious individual she is today. Her world-weary, yet powerful vocal performance come backed by an unknown producer’s crisp, piano-driven soul boardwork. For more, check out Grey’s Don’t Look Down LP when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, July 9.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Skylar Grey’s Issac Rentz-directed Wear Me Out visual.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Rising singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Skylar Grey has unleased her major-label debut album, Don't Look Down. The project packs 12 original tracks form the Mazomanie, Wisconsin native, among them reader-approved...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coming Home" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)