On the surface, Skylar Grey might seem like your ordinary alt-pop songstress. Upon closer inspection, however, she has a sharp edge, as evidenced by 2012’s Eminem-assisted C’mon Let Me Ride. Her latest effort, Final Warning, is a lot like her persona: while Skylar’s irresistibly raspy, yet soft vocals make for an intoxicating, catchy listen, the record’s ear-pleasing qualities belie its dark subject matter. Backed by a string-driven beat from Alex Da Kid, Grey takes up arms against a new ex, refusing to be heartbroken and vowing that she will come out on top at any cost. Final Warning is the latest single off Grey’s debut LP, Don’t Look Down, set to drop this July via KIDinaKORNER/Interscope.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coming Home" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)