Last month, Skylar Grey shared her plans for dealing with a cheating ex in a not-so-conventional way on Final Warning. Had I been the ex, I would most likely would have joined witness protection instead of explaining myself, as Grey was more than a tad angry. Atop producer MisterMike‘s electronic take on the original, Booth favorite Thurz is daring enough to explain the ex’s behavior, trying to provide a rationalization and reasons for the infidelity. While his high energy, rapid-fire flow might leave listeners satisfied, I doubt much can be done to change Grey’s already set mind. But, hey, he gets points for trying, right, Skylar?
Written by Lucas G. on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coming Home" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.