It was almost two years ago to the day that the world was truly introduced to Skylar Grey when she provided the vocals to Dr. Dre’s I Need A Doctor alongside Eminem. So the timing couldn’t be more perfect for the two to re-unite on Skylar’s new single C’mon Let Me Ride. Produced by Alex Da Kid, who also produced (you guessed it) I Need a Doctor, Let Me Ride features a brighter and more pop beat than we’re used to from Alex as he uses Queen’s Bicycle Race for inspiration. Similarly Skylar’s vocals are lighter and more playful than we’re used to hearing…although a schizophrenicly humorous verse from Em is certainly nothing new. If this one has you down to ride with Skylar and Slim Shady you’re in luck. Em will be executive producing Grey’s upcoming Don’t Look Down album, due out this coming spring.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Isaac Rentz-directed C’mon Let Me Ride visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coming Home" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.