For many of our readers, the title of SkyBlew‘s latest effort will go over your head. Don’t worry, we don’t blame you. It was only after I entered The Digi Destined into the Google machine that I was transported back to an elementary school post-class ritual. I would come home, down some pizza bagels, and watch Digimon, a Pokemon-like animated series about digital monsters. The Digi Destined were the group of kids destined to protect the digital world. Here, SkyBlew and CJ Suitt are the hip-hop version of said group, determined to protect hip-hop from soulless, cookie-cutter rap with their smooth, charismatic style. Over a floating, video-game inspired production from SubmlimeCloud, Blew’s creativity and originality are ever present thanks to his easy-going high-pitched flow, matched only by Suitt’s deeper-voiced yet equally as genuine effort. More refreshing hip-hop should be found on Sky’s forthcoming EP, Clouded Dreams & Beautiful Memories.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.