There’s a lot to be learned from people who have achieved worldly success, but often the greatest wisdom is held by those who have fallen by society’s wayside. On Ballad of the Pigeon Man, his first official single, North Carolina emcee SkyBlew recounts a life-changing conversation with one such individual. Former Nickelodeon watchers may recognize the title character as originating in an episode of animated series Hey Arnold, but the song’s fictional inspiration doesn’t diminish the power of its message. The Digi Destined‘s Sublime Clouds crafts a bittersweet guitar-loop beat to back Sky’s insightful narrative rhymes. Wilmington’s D&D Sluggers lend a hand on the hook. The artist’s next album, SkyBlew’s Unmodern Life, is slated to drop via RandomBeats Productions in late September. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.