There’s a lot to be learned from people who have achieved worldly success, but often the greatest wisdom is held by those who have fallen by society’s wayside. On Ballad of the Pigeon Man, his first official single, North Carolina emcee SkyBlew recounts a life-changing conversation with one such individual. Former Nickelodeon watchers may recognize the title character as originating in an episode of animated series Hey Arnold, but the song’s fictional inspiration doesn’t diminish the power of its message. The Digi Destined‘s Sublime Clouds crafts a bittersweet guitar-loop beat to back Sky’s insightful narrative rhymes. Wilmington’s D&D Sluggers lend a hand on the hook. The artist’s next album, SkyBlew’s Unmodern Life, is slated to drop via RandomBeats Productions in late September. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.