Derived from “nepheles” (cloud) and “batha” (a place where you can walk), the Portuguese word “Nefelibata” describes somebody who lives in the world of his or her dreams, caring nothing for outside judgments or societal norms. (In other words, it’s a much nicer way of calling someone a space case.) As a restlessly-creative rhymesayer named after the great blue yonder, SkyBlew fits that description to a tee, and on his latest single the Auburn, Alabama buzzmaker wears the appellation like a badge of honor. In fast-paced verses, he touts the power of his imagination, using cosmic imagery to stress the expansiveness of his artistic vision. As for the production, Sky himself says it best: “I feel like Backdraft went to heaven, sat next to God and made this beat as he sampled the angels singing.” Journeys in 1st Person, the emcee’s forthcoming joint LP with Backdraft, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.