Derived from “nepheles” (cloud) and “batha” (a place where you can walk), the Portuguese word “Nefelibata” describes somebody who lives in the world of his or her dreams, caring nothing for outside judgments or societal norms. (In other words, it’s a much nicer way of calling someone a space case.) As a restlessly-creative rhymesayer named after the great blue yonder, SkyBlew fits that description to a tee, and on his latest single the Auburn, Alabama buzzmaker wears the appellation like a badge of honor. In fast-paced verses, he touts the power of his imagination, using cosmic imagery to stress the expansiveness of his artistic vision. As for the production, Sky himself says it best: “I feel like Backdraft went to heaven, sat next to God and made this beat as he sampled the angels singing.” Journeys in 1st Person, the emcee’s forthcoming joint LP with Backdraft, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.