Thanks to George Washington and our other founding fathers, Americans have enjoyed their rights for over 200 years. One of the most important of these rights is our Freedom of speech (word to Freeway). While we all have the right to speak out, it is not as easy to find a platform on which to do so. On Say, Booth newcomer Skrip doesn’t squander his first opportunity to speak out, using the mic to help him exercise his First Amendment right. In addition to gracing the track with an aggressive flow, Skrip also mans the boards, crafting a slick, intricate beat complete with crashing drums and a subtle guitar section. Joining the Chicago emcee is Washington Heights’ Andy Mineo, whose similarly brash flow is the icing on the cake. If you want to hear what else Skrip has to say then be sure to check out his new album The Und_rscore II, which drops next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.