NYC rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has been absent from our pages for nearly four months following the April release of Booth-approved promo cut Phases. Though today marks the end of that mini-hiatus, his presence on our homepage is just a mirage—the artist’s real location is somewhere among the stars, light-years away from the Earth’s surface. This newly-released loosie, a joint effort with Memphis newcomer Jon Waltz, finds the collaborators getting so high that they can’t see themselves ever Coming Down. Their hedonistic bars receive an appropriately blunted backdrop courtesy of producers Zayd and Mikey Fresh, whose languid synth beat comes complete with a chopped-n-screwed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then don’t touch that mouse. Coming Down won’t be part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes from both Mars and Waltz.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.