NYC rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has been absent from our pages for nearly four months following the April release of Booth-approved promo cut Phases. Though today marks the end of that mini-hiatus, his presence on our homepage is just a mirage—the artist’s real location is somewhere among the stars, light-years away from the Earth’s surface. This newly-released loosie, a joint effort with Memphis newcomer Jon Waltz, finds the collaborators getting so high that they can’t see themselves ever Coming Down. Their hedonistic bars receive an appropriately blunted backdrop courtesy of producers Zayd and Mikey Fresh, whose languid synth beat comes complete with a chopped-n-screwed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then don’t touch that mouse. Coming Down won’t be part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes from both Mars and Waltz.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.