NYC rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has been absent from our pages for nearly four months following the April release of Booth-approved promo cut Phases. Though today marks the end of that mini-hiatus, his presence on our homepage is just a mirage—the artist’s real location is somewhere among the stars, light-years away from the Earth’s surface. This newly-released loosie, a joint effort with Memphis newcomer Jon Waltz, finds the collaborators getting so high that they can’t see themselves ever Coming Down. Their hedonistic bars receive an appropriately blunted backdrop courtesy of producers Zayd and Mikey Fresh, whose languid synth beat comes complete with a chopped-n-screwed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then don’t touch that mouse. Coming Down won’t be part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes from both Mars and Waltz.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.