With his next street album just a day away from release, Big Apple rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has liberated one last track for his fans in the Booth and beyond. Released in conjunction with Crooked Engine and Marcus McFly‘s trippy, minimalistic visuals, Nostalgia (Interlude) features the artist reflecting on the complexities of gender relations: “You gotta love females / Tellin’ stories, leaving out essential details / You want love, but you don’t know what it entails.” The Concubine, a 2009 EP cut from indie/folk outfit Beirut, provides the musical backdrop for his rhymes. For Nostalgia, previously-featured single 15 and much more, check out Skizzy’s Phases LP tomorrow, March 26, when it hits the Booth for free, non-exclusive streaming and download.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.