With his next street album just a day away from release, Big Apple rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has liberated one last track for his fans in the Booth and beyond. Released in conjunction with Crooked Engine and Marcus McFly‘s trippy, minimalistic visuals, Nostalgia (Interlude) features the artist reflecting on the complexities of gender relations: “You gotta love females / Tellin’ stories, leaving out essential details / You want love, but you don’t know what it entails.” The Concubine, a 2009 EP cut from indie/folk outfit Beirut, provides the musical backdrop for his rhymes. For Nostalgia, previously-featured single 15 and much more, check out Skizzy’s Phases LP tomorrow, March 26, when it hits the Booth for free, non-exclusive streaming and download.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.