With his next street album just a day away from release, Big Apple rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has liberated one last track for his fans in the Booth and beyond. Released in conjunction with Crooked Engine and Marcus McFly‘s trippy, minimalistic visuals, Nostalgia (Interlude) features the artist reflecting on the complexities of gender relations: “You gotta love females / Tellin’ stories, leaving out essential details / You want love, but you don’t know what it entails.” The Concubine, a 2009 EP cut from indie/folk outfit Beirut, provides the musical backdrop for his rhymes. For Nostalgia, previously-featured single 15 and much more, check out Skizzy’s Phases LP tomorrow, March 26, when it hits the Booth for free, non-exclusive streaming and download.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Introduced to our readers through his work with Booth-approved artist G-Eazy on "All I Could Do" and "Pay for You," Skizzy Mars is finally ready to make a solo impact with the release of his debut project, Phases. The free...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.