With his next street album just a day away from release, Big Apple rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has liberated one last track for his fans in the Booth and beyond. Released in conjunction with Crooked Engine and Marcus McFly‘s trippy, minimalistic visuals, Nostalgia (Interlude) features the artist reflecting on the complexities of gender relations: “You gotta love females / Tellin’ stories, leaving out essential details / You want love, but you don’t know what it entails.” The Concubine, a 2009 EP cut from indie/folk outfit Beirut, provides the musical backdrop for his rhymes. For Nostalgia, previously-featured single 15 and much more, check out Skizzy’s Phases LP tomorrow, March 26, when it hits the Booth for free, non-exclusive streaming and download.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Introduced to our readers through his work with Booth-approved artist G-Eazy on "All I Could Do" and "Pay for You," Skizzy Mars is finally ready to make a solo impact with the release of his debut project, Phases. The free...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.