Magic and escapism, at first glance, have little in common with urban music, but Booth newcomer Skizzy Mars shares a few traits with the legendary Harry Houdini: namely talent, precocity, and the ability to leave audiences mystified. On this new mixtape single, Foster the People & Spacebats collaborate behind the boards, crafting an exhilarating instrumental backdrop for the 17-year-old Manhattan native’s agile rhymes. Skizzy’s forthcoming street album has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for the latest release details.
Written by richard on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.