In late July, we heard Skizzy Mars put a hip-hop spin on Lucy, a 2013 single from electro-pop buzzmaker Olivver. The reception was so positive that he decided to try a similar trick on the follow-up. Touch, a recent release by indie songstress Shura, serves as inspiration for Come Over, a summery cut dedicated to a woman the artist met at his local club. Over frequent collaborator Michael Keenan‘s reinterpretation of the aforementioned jam’s ‘80s-infomed synth groove, Skizzy suavely attempts to sweet-talk the girl in question into the bedroom. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the Penthouse Music signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.