In late July, we heard Skizzy Mars put a hip-hop spin on Lucy, a 2013 single from electro-pop buzzmaker Olivver. The reception was so positive that he decided to try a similar trick on the follow-up. Touch, a recent release by indie songstress Shura, serves as inspiration for Come Over, a summery cut dedicated to a woman the artist met at his local club. Over frequent collaborator Michael Keenan‘s reinterpretation of the aforementioned jam’s ‘80s-infomed synth groove, Skizzy suavely attempts to sweet-talk the girl in question into the bedroom. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the Penthouse Music signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.