In late July, we heard Skizzy Mars put a hip-hop spin on Lucy, a 2013 single from electro-pop buzzmaker Olivver. The reception was so positive that he decided to try a similar trick on the follow-up. Touch, a recent release by indie songstress Shura, serves as inspiration for Come Over, a summery cut dedicated to a woman the artist met at his local club. Over frequent collaborator Michael Keenan‘s reinterpretation of the aforementioned jam’s ‘80s-infomed synth groove, Skizzy suavely attempts to sweet-talk the girl in question into the bedroom. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the Penthouse Music signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.