Skizzy Mars has been juggling so many women lately that he should consider equipping his bedroom with revolving doors. To me, that doesn’t sound like what you’d call a problem. On his latest single, however, he seems to be getting a little jaded with the dating game. Here, the Manhattan buzzmaker does a little blunted reminiscing about old flames, in between world-weary reflections on his latest fling. Backed by Michael Keenan‘s production, a smoldering synth beat peppered with vocal samples, he muses “She say she love me, she don’t know what love means… that’s what they All Say.” If this moody, yet pop-appealing cut’s piqued your interest, be sure to cop Skizzy’s upcoming Pace tape when it drops digitally on Tuesday, March 4.
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.