Once you’ve had the exhilarating experience of rocking the stage in front of thousands of adoring fans, it’s kinda tough to go back to the daily grind. Fresh off accompanying G-Eazy on his sold-out Must Be Nice tour, Manhattan rhymesayer Skizzy Mars has decided that 15 minutes of fame ain’t nearly enough—he wants this sh*t forever. On this freshly-minted single selection, his first solo feature since August’s Tara, the rhymesayer fills us in on just how lofty his ambitions have become, declaring “I want the whole crowd screamin’ my name / I want a chokehold over this game.” Fareoh provides an adrenaline-pumping synth instrumental to back his bars. For 15 and many more crowd-pleasing cuts, check out new album Phases when it drops March 26, via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.