It’s amazing how clueless guys can be when it comes to selecting the right mood music for different occasions. (No, Nelly’s Tip Drill is not appropriate for a candelight dinner.) Now if we were getting ready to get turnt up, some Waka Flocka might be in order. But for that relaxing stroll thru the park with your select female, something like Black Friday, the new release from the forthcoming Nappy Roots Present: Sh*t’s Beautiful, is a far better choice. Produced by Ryan Turner, Black Friday is a head-nodding track that features soothing trumpet blasts, which allows emcees Skinny Deville & Fish Scales (of Nappy Roots) to discuss some of today’s most pressing issues, along with laying down some of the crucial lessons they’ve learned throughout the years, all delivered in a calming tone. To add some icing to the cake, the duo enlist songstress Kelsey Lu for some vocal tranquility on the chorus. So on your beautiful Sunday evening, gather your girl, add this to your playlist and enjoy a stroll to the sounds of Nappy Roots. Trust me, it’ll work.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/1/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.