It’s amazing how clueless guys can be when it comes to selecting the right mood music for different occasions. (No, Nelly’s Tip Drill is not appropriate for a candelight dinner.) Now if we were getting ready to get turnt up, some Waka Flocka might be in order. But for that relaxing stroll thru the park with your select female, something like Black Friday, the new release from the forthcoming Nappy Roots Present: Sh*t’s Beautiful, is a far better choice. Produced by Ryan Turner, Black Friday is a head-nodding track that features soothing trumpet blasts, which allows emcees Skinny Deville & Fish Scales (of Nappy Roots) to discuss some of today’s most pressing issues, along with laying down some of the crucial lessons they’ve learned throughout the years, all delivered in a calming tone. To add some icing to the cake, the duo enlist songstress Kelsey Lu for some vocal tranquility on the chorus. So on your beautiful Sunday evening, gather your girl, add this to your playlist and enjoy a stroll to the sounds of Nappy Roots. Trust me, it’ll work.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!