To paraphrase The Clipse, “Virginia is for lovers, but trust there’s hate here.” But while the Brothers Thornton were clearly discussing actions related to the cocaine trade, that doesn’t mean that the Commonwealth of Virginia was wrong when they coined their state’s phrase. In fact, in 2012 VA is still very much for lovers. How do I know? Well, because of Skillz’ new single, With You, from his forthcoming album, Thoughts Become Things. Produced by Sound H and Skillz, With You is a toe-tapping and heartwarming track over which the Virginia emcee lists the reasons why his gal pal is more than his girlfriend and declares his appreciation for the fairer sex. With his new single and previous record 2011 Rap Up still charting out our Top 20 Indie Hip Hop Chart, Skillz seems to be starting the new year off in a proper, and deeply romantic, manner. So while you wait for Thoughts Become Things to see the light of day this coming spring, via his own Big Kidz Ent. label, feel free to play this record for your gal pal and take her to Virginia for a few moments.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/22/12
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)