Yeah, this actually happened. Back in June, Weird Al Yankovic and The Roots did a live cover of Madvillain’s Accordion on the set of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and underground hip hop heads collectively lost their s**t. Fast forward to the present, add one of VA’s finest - Skillz - some production tweaks from Parris and silky vocals from Joe Tann and we now have his new release Love’n Hip Hop. Not called “Skillz” for nothing, the infamous Wrap-Up emcee cleverly crafts a song that correlates his dealings with love in a way only a true hip hop lover can: by dropping ubiquitous references to well-known female artists and other famous hip hop songs praising the fairer sex. Skillz is no slouch lyrically as he drops gems in rapid succession - they’re like Pokémon, you gotta catch ‘em all. If you’re a music nerd in any capacity, then this song will have your sensibilities spazzing a bit. There’s levels upon levels of greatness happening here, kind of like the rap version of Inception. No word on what project this song will call its home, but it certainly sets the stage for another great release from Skillz.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 08/9/11
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.