When a rapper does a song that sounds like a complaint, readers comment “stop bitchin!” Similarly, when a rapper does a song about a worn-out or clichéd topic, like money, cars, jewels, women, blow, etc…, readers tend to comment “we’ve heard this before, boring.” So, what have we learned thus far? Rappers shouldn’t brag about their wealth or lack thereof; get creative, be original and have fun. Taking note is Virginia rapper Skillz (famous for his year end ‘rap-up’), who is joined by multiple Grammy Award nominee, Common, on the new single So Far So Good. Both MCs explain that while they haven’t yet taken over the world, they like where they’re at and refuse to complain. Finally, a song where boasting sounds good…
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.