When a rapper does a song that sounds like a complaint, readers comment “stop bitchin!” Similarly, when a rapper does a song about a worn-out or clichéd topic, like money, cars, jewels, women, blow, etc…, readers tend to comment “we’ve heard this before, boring.” So, what have we learned thus far? Rappers shouldn’t brag about their wealth or lack thereof; get creative, be original and have fun. Taking note is Virginia rapper Skillz (famous for his year end ‘rap-up’), who is joined by multiple Grammy Award nominee, Common, on the new single So Far So Good. Both MCs explain that while they haven’t yet taken over the world, they like where they’re at and refuse to complain. Finally, a song where boasting sounds good…
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.