When a rapper does a song that sounds like a complaint, readers comment “stop bitchin!” Similarly, when a rapper does a song about a worn-out or clichéd topic, like money, cars, jewels, women, blow, etc…, readers tend to comment “we’ve heard this before, boring.” So, what have we learned thus far? Rappers shouldn’t brag about their wealth or lack thereof; get creative, be original and have fun. Taking note is Virginia rapper Skillz (famous for his year end ‘rap-up’), who is joined by multiple Grammy Award nominee, Common, on the new single So Far So Good. Both MCs explain that while they haven’t yet taken over the world, they like where they’re at and refuse to complain. Finally, a song where boasting sounds good…
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.