Over a bouncy, handclap-riddled track, Virginia millionaire Skillz, returns with a new single from his third studio album The Million Dollar Backpack. Bink! does his thing on the production tip crafting a hip-shaking beat that’ll make the ladies stop “dreaming” and start saying, “He don’t owe me for real.” Those who know Skillz only as the “yearly rap-up” guy will be surprised to hear that the homie can definitely make a song. As he waxes poetic, his buttery-smooth flow hits a hang-up, as taking another man’s place may offend the broker regiment of men who promise champagne dreams with kool-aid money. It’s good to see our favorite ghostwriter still doing his thing, and we here at DJBooth look forward to hear more from this talented emcee.
Listen to More: Skillz
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/15/08
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)