Over a bouncy, handclap-riddled track, Virginia millionaire Skillz, returns with a new single from his third studio album The Million Dollar Backpack. Bink! does his thing on the production tip crafting a hip-shaking beat that’ll make the ladies stop “dreaming” and start saying, “He don’t owe me for real.” Those who know Skillz only as the “yearly rap-up” guy will be surprised to hear that the homie can definitely make a song. As he waxes poetic, his buttery-smooth flow hits a hang-up, as taking another man’s place may offend the broker regiment of men who promise champagne dreams with kool-aid money. It’s good to see our favorite ghostwriter still doing his thing, and we here at DJBooth look forward to hear more from this talented emcee.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.