Over a bouncy, handclap-riddled track, Virginia millionaire Skillz, returns with a new single from his third studio album The Million Dollar Backpack. Bink! does his thing on the production tip crafting a hip-shaking beat that’ll make the ladies stop “dreaming” and start saying, “He don’t owe me for real.” Those who know Skillz only as the “yearly rap-up” guy will be surprised to hear that the homie can definitely make a song. As he waxes poetic, his buttery-smooth flow hits a hang-up, as taking another man’s place may offend the broker regiment of men who promise champagne dreams with kool-aid money. It’s good to see our favorite ghostwriter still doing his thing, and we here at DJBooth look forward to hear more from this talented emcee.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.