It may seem premature to Bring the Sparklers Out when you’ve only just released the lead single off your next—and in this case, final—LP. On the other hand, f**k it; Skillz is back in the Booth and, if the Virginia vet feels like celebrating, who am I to stop him? Here, a currently uncredited producer’s raucous percussion and brass brass fanfare set the mood as the rhymesayer swills champagne and lords the enormity of his paper stacks over the competition. Though the topics are perennial rap touchstones, Skillz’ nonchalant delivery gives this boastful banger a unique feel. Has Sparklers whet your appetite for more fresh tunes? Keep it locked for more leading up to the unscheduled, but imminent release of the artist’s last studio album, Thoughts Become Things.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)