It may seem premature to Bring the Sparklers Out when you’ve only just released the lead single off your next—and in this case, final—LP. On the other hand, f**k it; Skillz is back in the Booth and, if the Virginia vet feels like celebrating, who am I to stop him? Here, a currently uncredited producer’s raucous percussion and brass brass fanfare set the mood as the rhymesayer swills champagne and lords the enormity of his paper stacks over the competition. Though the topics are perennial rap touchstones, Skillz’ nonchalant delivery gives this boastful banger a unique feel. Has Sparklers whet your appetite for more fresh tunes? Keep it locked for more leading up to the unscheduled, but imminent release of the artist’s last studio album, Thoughts Become Things.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.