Since 2002 every New Year’s Eve for me has involved three things: the ball dropping in Times Square, consuming a regrettable amount of champagne, and listening to Skillz’ yearly wrap-up (he’s like the Dick Clark of hip-hop). Every December for the past eight years the Virginia-bred Skillz has been putting the year in perspective through rhyme, touching on everything from politics to fashion and, of course, hip-hop. This year’s edition features some cleverly constructed lines from Skillz that includes, in no particular order, Obama’s inauguration, Tiger’s cheating ways, Kanye’s infamous Taylor Swift interruption, the explosion of Twitter, Octomom’s enormous uterus, 50 and Rick Ross’ beef, Bernie Madoff’s multi-billion dollar scam and, of course, Drake’s knee. Produced by Sound H Productions, the 2009 Wrap Up is the perfect way to wave goodbye to one of the craziest years in history before we turn our sights squarely on the new year. Look out for more from Skillz in the coming year, including his 2010 wrap-up - hey, it’s never too early to start.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.