Since 2002 every New Year’s Eve for me has involved three things: the ball dropping in Times Square, consuming a regrettable amount of champagne, and listening to Skillz’ yearly wrap-up (he’s like the Dick Clark of hip-hop). Every December for the past eight years the Virginia-bred Skillz has been putting the year in perspective through rhyme, touching on everything from politics to fashion and, of course, hip-hop. This year’s edition features some cleverly constructed lines from Skillz that includes, in no particular order, Obama’s inauguration, Tiger’s cheating ways, Kanye’s infamous Taylor Swift interruption, the explosion of Twitter, Octomom’s enormous uterus, 50 and Rick Ross’ beef, Bernie Madoff’s multi-billion dollar scam and, of course, Drake’s knee. Produced by Sound H Productions, the 2009 Wrap Up is the perfect way to wave goodbye to one of the craziest years in history before we turn our sights squarely on the new year. Look out for more from Skillz in the coming year, including his 2010 wrap-up - hey, it’s never too early to start.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
Big Kiidz/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Act ft. Freeway" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)