Skiff‘s last DJBooth feature, October promo single Van Wilder, was just as entrertainingly raunchy as you’d expect from a joint named after the 2002 National Lampoon flick. For his latest loosie release, the San Francisco native takes inspiration from another iconic comedy, Richard Linklater’s ‘93 high-school classic Dazed & Confused. Over the mellow, jazzy No I.D. beat that backed Common‘s Resurrection (another mid-nineties touchstone), the artist mixes lyrical snapshots of the party life with ruminations on the world around him, and his future in the music game. This cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from the West Coast up-and-comer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Skiff’s JR Saint-directed Dazed and Confused visual.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
All Handz On Deck
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When Did This Start" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.