Skiff‘s last DJBooth feature, October promo single Van Wilder, was just as entrertainingly raunchy as you’d expect from a joint named after the 2002 National Lampoon flick. For his latest loosie release, the San Francisco native takes inspiration from another iconic comedy, Richard Linklater’s ‘93 high-school classic Dazed & Confused. Over the mellow, jazzy No I.D. beat that backed Common‘s Resurrection (another mid-nineties touchstone), the artist mixes lyrical snapshots of the party life with ruminations on the world around him, and his future in the music game. This cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from the West Coast up-and-comer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Skiff’s JR Saint-directed Dazed and Confused visual.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
All Handz On Deck
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When Did This Start" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.