Skiff‘s last DJBooth feature, October promo single Van Wilder, was just as entrertainingly raunchy as you’d expect from a joint named after the 2002 National Lampoon flick. For his latest loosie release, the San Francisco native takes inspiration from another iconic comedy, Richard Linklater’s ‘93 high-school classic Dazed & Confused. Over the mellow, jazzy No I.D. beat that backed Common‘s Resurrection (another mid-nineties touchstone), the artist mixes lyrical snapshots of the party life with ruminations on the world around him, and his future in the music game. This cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from the West Coast up-and-comer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Skiff’s JR Saint-directed Dazed and Confused visual.
All Handz On Deck
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When Did This Start" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!