In a day and age where rappers use fifteen different producers on a fifteen-track album, it’s actually a refreshing return to hip-hop tradition to hear an album where the producer holds center stage and the rappers orbit around him. Case in point, legendary beatsmith Ski Beatz, who luckily is following his outstanding 2011 release 24 Hour Karate School album with 24 Hour Karate School Presents: Twilight, dropping this upcoming Tuesday, February 14. Today, we have the pleasure of featuring one of the stand out tracks from the album in the form of Time Goes, featuring ‘11 breakout artist Mac Miller and Locksmith. Produced by Beatz (of course), Time Goes is a hazy and spacey production that takes time to truly develop. With both emcees providing a verse, Time Goes feels like it would sound right at home on a Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack. So while you’re debating what to pick up for your date as a last-minute gift for Valentine’s Day, consider a box of chocolates and a copy of Twilight (no, not the vampire Twilight, the 24 Hour Karate version).
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/12/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)