In a day and age where rappers use fifteen different producers on a fifteen-track album, it’s actually a refreshing return to hip-hop tradition to hear an album where the producer holds center stage and the rappers orbit around him. Case in point, legendary beatsmith Ski Beatz, who luckily is following his outstanding 2011 release 24 Hour Karate School album with 24 Hour Karate School Presents: Twilight, dropping this upcoming Tuesday, February 14. Today, we have the pleasure of featuring one of the stand out tracks from the album in the form of Time Goes, featuring ‘11 breakout artist Mac Miller and Locksmith. Produced by Beatz (of course), Time Goes is a hazy and spacey production that takes time to truly develop. With both emcees providing a verse, Time Goes feels like it would sound right at home on a Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack. So while you’re debating what to pick up for your date as a last-minute gift for Valentine’s Day, consider a box of chocolates and a copy of Twilight (no, not the vampire Twilight, the 24 Hour Karate version).
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.