In a day and age where rappers use fifteen different producers on a fifteen-track album, it’s actually a refreshing return to hip-hop tradition to hear an album where the producer holds center stage and the rappers orbit around him. Case in point, legendary beatsmith Ski Beatz, who luckily is following his outstanding 2011 release 24 Hour Karate School album with 24 Hour Karate School Presents: Twilight, dropping this upcoming Tuesday, February 14. Today, we have the pleasure of featuring one of the stand out tracks from the album in the form of Time Goes, featuring ‘11 breakout artist Mac Miller and Locksmith. Produced by Beatz (of course), Time Goes is a hazy and spacey production that takes time to truly develop. With both emcees providing a verse, Time Goes feels like it would sound right at home on a Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack. So while you’re debating what to pick up for your date as a last-minute gift for Valentine’s Day, consider a box of chocolates and a copy of Twilight (no, not the vampire Twilight, the 24 Hour Karate version).
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.