The fly-namic duo is at it again. The internet’s favorite stoners, Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa have been hyping up the full-length version of this song for months, and now, Scaling the Building has hit our ear-waves. Initially promoted as a single off of producer Ski Beatz’ delayed 24 Karate School project, Scaling was Under Pressure for How Fly fans across the nation; the song was teaser-trailered, begged for by all of the “Taylors”, and even had low quality snippets leaked by eager waiters. But unlike Under Pressure, this song exceeds expectations like a star collegiate athlete with straight As. Over a motivational, horn-laden instrumental by Ski, Khalifa kicks this one off better than Sebastian Janikowski with his signature flows about the high life. But it is Spitta’s confident chorus and chest-pounding verse that really brings this one home. And while I’m not sure where this song will land (the status of 24 Karate School is unknown), I’m sure that no one has made scaling a building sound this cool since Spiderman. Or maybe King Kong, right Spitta?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 07/5/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.