Remember September 22, 2010? Of course you do, it was the day we last heard from Ski Beatz. Way back then it was Go banging through our headphones and his long-delayed album 24-Hour Karate School was finally on our iTunes. Fast-forward to the present day and the super producer is preparing to re-open his around the clock karate school, and what better way to do so then by grabbing Freddie Gibbs for some Illegal activity? Ski, of course, does his thing and then some here, grabbing a hard rock guitar rock and slowly transforming it into a subtly boom-bap influenced rider, holistically layering distorted organs and head-nodding percussion. There aren’t a lot of emcees who capable of truly elevating such an already elevated beat, but Gangster Gibbs is one of them – seriously, is there anyone out there right now with a better flow? (Serious question, feel free to debate in the comments below.) Either way, if all this Illegal activity has you down to serve as Beatz’ accomplice in crime, musically speaking, be sure to cop a copy of 24-Hour Karate School Pt. 2, due to be released this Tuesday, August 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.