Remember September 22, 2010? Of course you do, it was the day we last heard from Ski Beatz. Way back then it was Go banging through our headphones and his long-delayed album 24-Hour Karate School was finally on our iTunes. Fast-forward to the present day and the super producer is preparing to re-open his around the clock karate school, and what better way to do so then by grabbing Freddie Gibbs for some Illegal activity? Ski, of course, does his thing and then some here, grabbing a hard rock guitar rock and slowly transforming it into a subtly boom-bap influenced rider, holistically layering distorted organs and head-nodding percussion. There aren’t a lot of emcees who capable of truly elevating such an already elevated beat, but Gangster Gibbs is one of them – seriously, is there anyone out there right now with a better flow? (Serious question, feel free to debate in the comments below.) Either way, if all this Illegal activity has you down to serve as Beatz’ accomplice in crime, musically speaking, be sure to cop a copy of 24-Hour Karate School Pt. 2, due to be released this Tuesday, August 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.