As even a casual hip-hop fans know, the chances of an album actually coming out on its original release date are about as good as Lindsay Lohan passing a drug test. So while it’s not shocking that we had to wait for Ski Beatz highly anticipated album 24 Hour Karate School, a year long delay is remarkable (not Detox-remarkable, but still). Whatever the reason for the delay, it’s clear that Ski was hard at work on making absolutely ill
beatz like the banger/gospel/rock hybrid on his new record, the energetically titled Go. On the vocal side of the equation the Diplo don Jim Jones, who’s my pick for the most improved rapper of the last few years, drops a solid verse and throws in a hook for good measure, followed closely by a typically blazing verse from Curren$y (whose own album Pilot Talk saw some delays). Turns out patience is indeed a virtue, at least what you’ve been waiting for sounds like dope. At long last, 24 Hour Karate School is available for your listening pleasure. Enjoy.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.