Some practice meditation to keep stress at bay, others use weed or liquor to relex. Skewby? He finds peace behind the wheel. On a fresh promo single, his first feature since last October’s You Never Know, the Memphis representative celebrates the power of a leisurely drive to set his mind at ease, spitting, “Problems disappear in the wind When I Ride.” Mindlabs and Skewby collaborate behind the mixing boards, creating a breezy, sampled backdrop perfectly suited for a slow roll through the city streets. How about it, readers: has this cut earned a spot on your whip playlist? Those feeling it can, of course, stay tuned for the latest from the Booth-approved Southern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.