Some practice meditation to keep stress at bay, others use weed or liquor to relex. Skewby? He finds peace behind the wheel. On a fresh promo single, his first feature since last October’s You Never Know, the Memphis representative celebrates the power of a leisurely drive to set his mind at ease, spitting, “Problems disappear in the wind When I Ride.” Mindlabs and Skewby collaborate behind the mixing boards, creating a breezy, sampled backdrop perfectly suited for a slow roll through the city streets. How about it, readers: has this cut earned a spot on your whip playlist? Those feeling it can, of course, stay tuned for the latest from the Booth-approved Southern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.