To Mobb Deep, the war in the streets was Hell on Earth. Skewby prefers a more philosophical outlook: It simply Is What It Is. On his latest unreleased freestyle, the Memphis buzzmaker flips the Havoc beat that backed the Northeastern vets’ ‘96 album title track into a pensive backdrop for his own reflections on his urban environment. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked for all the latest from Skewby.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.