To Mobb Deep, the war in the streets was Hell on Earth. Skewby prefers a more philosophical outlook: It simply Is What It Is. On his latest unreleased freestyle, the Memphis buzzmaker flips the Havoc beat that backed the Northeastern vets’ ‘96 album title track into a pensive backdrop for his own reflections on his urban environment. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked for all the latest from Skewby.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.