To Mobb Deep, the war in the streets was Hell on Earth. Skewby prefers a more philosophical outlook: It simply Is What It Is. On his latest unreleased freestyle, the Memphis buzzmaker flips the Havoc beat that backed the Northeastern vets’ ‘96 album title track into a pensive backdrop for his own reflections on his urban environment. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked for all the latest from Skewby.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)