To Mobb Deep, the war in the streets was Hell on Earth. Skewby prefers a more philosophical outlook: It simply Is What It Is. On his latest unreleased freestyle, the Memphis buzzmaker flips the Havoc beat that backed the Northeastern vets’ ‘96 album title track into a pensive backdrop for his own reflections on his urban environment. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked for all the latest from Skewby.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.