To Mobb Deep, the war in the streets was Hell on Earth. Skewby prefers a more philosophical outlook: It simply Is What It Is. On his latest unreleased freestyle, the Memphis buzzmaker flips the Havoc beat that backed the Northeastern vets’ ‘96 album title track into a pensive backdrop for his own reflections on his urban environment. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked for all the latest from Skewby.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.