It’s a rare breed of emcee who can make Booth regulars Believe in his mic-rocking prowess in the span of a single feature, but it’s by no means unprecedented. Hoping to add his name to the elite list of reader favorites in one fell swoop is Memphis up-and-comer Skewby. This unreleased joint finds beatsmith Big League serving up a low-key string/piano-loop instrumental as the Southern buzzmaker gives us a guided tour of his headspace. An opener on several of Lil Wayne‘s farewell shows earlier this year, Skew exhibits quite a few characteristics in common with the Young Money heavyweight – most prominently, an almost-religious faith in his own abilities and a fascination with his bodily excretions (“Don’t flush that, man – my sh*t gon’ sell.”). While I’m pretty sure none of us have spent enough time in Skewb’s bathroom to speak on the latter topic, readers can judge for themselves whether the rapper’s self-confidence is justified. Your thoughts? If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Skewb’s More or Less LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Already Gone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.