It’s a rare breed of emcee who can make Booth regulars Believe in his mic-rocking prowess in the span of a single feature, but it’s by no means unprecedented. Hoping to add his name to the elite list of reader favorites in one fell swoop is Memphis up-and-comer Skewby. This unreleased joint finds beatsmith Big League serving up a low-key string/piano-loop instrumental as the Southern buzzmaker gives us a guided tour of his headspace. An opener on several of Lil Wayne‘s farewell shows earlier this year, Skew exhibits quite a few characteristics in common with the Young Money heavyweight – most prominently, an almost-religious faith in his own abilities and a fascination with his bodily excretions (“Don’t flush that, man – my sh*t gon’ sell.”). While I’m pretty sure none of us have spent enough time in Skewb’s bathroom to speak on the latter topic, readers can judge for themselves whether the rapper’s self-confidence is justified. Your thoughts? If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Skewb’s More or Less LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Already Gone" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)