It’s a rare breed of emcee who can make Booth regulars Believe in his mic-rocking prowess in the span of a single feature, but it’s by no means unprecedented. Hoping to add his name to the elite list of reader favorites in one fell swoop is Memphis up-and-comer Skewby. This unreleased joint finds beatsmith Big League serving up a low-key string/piano-loop instrumental as the Southern buzzmaker gives us a guided tour of his headspace. An opener on several of Lil Wayne‘s farewell shows earlier this year, Skew exhibits quite a few characteristics in common with the Young Money heavyweight – most prominently, an almost-religious faith in his own abilities and a fascination with his bodily excretions (“Don’t flush that, man – my sh*t gon’ sell.”). While I’m pretty sure none of us have spent enough time in Skewb’s bathroom to speak on the latter topic, readers can judge for themselves whether the rapper’s self-confidence is justified. Your thoughts? If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Skewb’s More or Less LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Already Gone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.