Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Skewby’s “We Almost There” video.
Sometimes when we finally reach the top of that mountain we’ve been climbing we only realize how much further you have to go, how many even larger mountains lay ahead of we. Memphis emcee Skewby knows only too well how long the journey is, both in life and in music, and for all of those climbing alongside him he’s released new single We Almost There. Producer DJ Charlie White (of Freesol fame) smoothly blends classic hip-hop percussion with ambient synths and a haunting vocal sample for There, setting up Skewby with a “Paul to Griffin” lob that Skewby lyrically throws down. Certainly no stranger to openly honest music (see previous feature Ups & Downs), here Skewby takes his personal rhyme style to new heights with some of his best bars yet: “They tell me my time comin like I don’t have eyes / like my mattress don’t collect the sweat that comes from the grind.” Following 2010’s breakthrough project or More or Less, a new EP from Skewby is on the way. No, we don’t know the title or release date yet but trust us, it’s almost here.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.