Sometimes I wake up and say, “eff a new friend cause I got enough,” and then I accept three new Facebook friend requests. Social networks are similar to music, in that folks don’t pay you any mind until you’re winning (no Charlie Sheen). But like L.A. representative Skeme says, “I pray the lord keeps broke n*ggas from around us.” Exactly. Skeme is no stranger to the Booth (see This Is 4da), so in his first solo feature it’s no surprise that he’s Not Stressed. Joined by fellow West Coast rapper, Dom Kennedy, Skeme delivers a solid track off his recently released project The Statement. This stand out cut, produced by Roosevelt serves as a bit of an anthem; in the mundane routine of life filled with haters and groupies, there’s no point in being stressed. Just celebrate your success with those that have been there from the beginning. With music like this who needs fake friends - I can dig it.
Written by ThroatChopU on 06/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kickin It Wit the Lingo" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.