Like every rising emcee, Skeme is the recipient of constant criticism—both constructive and otherwise. But he ain’t sweating it. On a standout cut off his latest full-length, featured along with an unknown director’s official visuals, the Left Coast buzzmaker outlines his pragmatic, laissez-faire philosophy on the problem of haterdom: “I know real n**gas Ain’t Perfect, perfect n**gas ain’t real / So I just keep my cash right and say ‘F*ck how haters gon’ feel.’” MMG heavyweight Wale assists on the guest tip, joining Skeme over Sean Momberger‘s hazy synths and flute samples. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the just-released Ingleworld via iTunes.
Written by richard on 12/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kickin It Wit the Lingo" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.