Like every rising emcee, Skeme is the recipient of constant criticism—both constructive and otherwise. But he ain’t sweating it. On a standout cut off his latest full-length, featured along with an unknown director’s official visuals, the Left Coast buzzmaker outlines his pragmatic, laissez-faire philosophy on the problem of haterdom: “I know real n**gas Ain’t Perfect, perfect n**gas ain’t real / So I just keep my cash right and say ‘F*ck how haters gon’ feel.’” MMG heavyweight Wale assists on the guest tip, joining Skeme over Sean Momberger‘s hazy synths and flute samples. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the just-released Ingleworld via iTunes.
Written by richard on 12/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kickin It Wit the Lingo" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.