Like every rising emcee, Skeme is the recipient of constant criticism—both constructive and otherwise. But he ain’t sweating it. On a standout cut off his latest full-length, featured along with an unknown director’s official visuals, the Left Coast buzzmaker outlines his pragmatic, laissez-faire philosophy on the problem of haterdom: “I know real n**gas Ain’t Perfect, perfect n**gas ain’t real / So I just keep my cash right and say ‘F*ck how haters gon’ feel.’” MMG heavyweight Wale assists on the guest tip, joining Skeme over Sean Momberger‘s hazy synths and flute samples. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the just-released Ingleworld via iTunes.
Written by richard on 12/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kickin It Wit the Lingo" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.