Over the last few years we’ve heard rappers say they were higher than a bird, higher than a jet and higher than a satellite, but Siya‘s got them all beat - she’s so high she’s looking down on the clouds from Heaven. A BK to ATL emcee who’s making her DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Heaven, Siya grabs beatsmith Key Dolo to provide her with a hazy sonic backdrop and he obliges with a swirling synth cut that’s got a snare so sharp it just might be able to cut through the cloud of smoke. On the mic Siya is appropriately relaxed, letting her charisma shine through with bars that are by measures funny - “I’m kinda like a big deal” - and self-destructively depressing - “I think I need more drugs / Cause I hate being sober, but I love being tore up.” If this one’s got you communing with the hip-hop angels you’ll want to check out Heaven‘s visual counterpart on DJBoothTV and keep an ear out for more music from Siya ahead of the release of her Letter to the Sky mixtape in November. Until then, consume responsibly.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
Dreamwell Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.