Over the last few years we’ve heard rappers say they were higher than a bird, higher than a jet and higher than a satellite, but Siya‘s got them all beat - she’s so high she’s looking down on the clouds from Heaven. A BK to ATL emcee who’s making her DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Heaven, Siya grabs beatsmith Key Dolo to provide her with a hazy sonic backdrop and he obliges with a swirling synth cut that’s got a snare so sharp it just might be able to cut through the cloud of smoke. On the mic Siya is appropriately relaxed, letting her charisma shine through with bars that are by measures funny - “I’m kinda like a big deal” - and self-destructively depressing - “I think I need more drugs / Cause I hate being sober, but I love being tore up.” If this one’s got you communing with the hip-hop angels you’ll want to check out Heaven‘s visual counterpart on DJBoothTV and keep an ear out for more music from Siya ahead of the release of her Letter to the Sky mixtape in November. Until then, consume responsibly.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.