Over the last few years we’ve heard rappers say they were higher than a bird, higher than a jet and higher than a satellite, but Siya‘s got them all beat - she’s so high she’s looking down on the clouds from Heaven. A BK to ATL emcee who’s making her DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Heaven, Siya grabs beatsmith Key Dolo to provide her with a hazy sonic backdrop and he obliges with a swirling synth cut that’s got a snare so sharp it just might be able to cut through the cloud of smoke. On the mic Siya is appropriately relaxed, letting her charisma shine through with bars that are by measures funny - “I’m kinda like a big deal” - and self-destructively depressing - “I think I need more drugs / Cause I hate being sober, but I love being tore up.” If this one’s got you communing with the hip-hop angels you’ll want to check out Heaven‘s visual counterpart on DJBoothTV and keep an ear out for more music from Siya ahead of the release of her Letter to the Sky mixtape in November. Until then, consume responsibly.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/11
Dreamwell Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)