Recent Atlantic signee Sirah isn’t exactly the glass-half-full type. In fact, based on the attitudes expressed in her latest single and first Booth feature, you could call her a cynic. However much the world and many of the people around her may disappoint, the fact that she’s Made It this far in the music game is enough to keep her on her hustle. A newly-released standout off her latest street album, this cut finds Mighty Mike serving up a low-key, piano-led beat as the frequent Skrillex collaborator contemplates the culture of cheap sex and superficiality that she left behind in order to chase her musical dreams. For this low-key banger and much more, check out C.U.L.T. Too Young To Die, released September 25, and available here for free digital download.
Written by richard on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.