Easter is still a month away, but a certain rabbit’s already dropped by the Booth with a surprise for our readers—and you don’t even have to search the backyard to find it. On his latest promo single, beatsmith Peter Cottontale puts his own spin on Gold, a 2013 cut from Interscope-signed trio Sir Sly. Retaining the original jam’s ominous strings, the Chi-Town producer beefs up the record’s rhythm section considerably, incorporating a booming kick, crunchy snares and sizzling hi-hat rolls. A pair of Save Money-affiliated spitters jump aboard to blaze the overhauled beat; Vic Mensa lends his unpredictable flow to the opening verse, and Kami De Chukwu ties the remix together with a breathless closing 16. This rendition of Gold isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can find the original on Sir Sly’s album of the same name, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.