Easter is still a month away, but a certain rabbit’s already dropped by the Booth with a surprise for our readers—and you don’t even have to search the backyard to find it. On his latest promo single, beatsmith Peter Cottontale puts his own spin on Gold, a 2013 cut from Interscope-signed trio Sir Sly. Retaining the original jam’s ominous strings, the Chi-Town producer beefs up the record’s rhythm section considerably, incorporating a booming kick, crunchy snares and sizzling hi-hat rolls. A pair of Save Money-affiliated spitters jump aboard to blaze the overhauled beat; Vic Mensa lends his unpredictable flow to the opening verse, and Kami De Chukwu ties the remix together with a breathless closing 16. This rendition of Gold isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can find the original on Sir Sly’s album of the same name, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.