Easter is still a month away, but a certain rabbit’s already dropped by the Booth with a surprise for our readers—and you don’t even have to search the backyard to find it. On his latest promo single, beatsmith Peter Cottontale puts his own spin on Gold, a 2013 cut from Interscope-signed trio Sir Sly. Retaining the original jam’s ominous strings, the Chi-Town producer beefs up the record’s rhythm section considerably, incorporating a booming kick, crunchy snares and sizzling hi-hat rolls. A pair of Save Money-affiliated spitters jump aboard to blaze the overhauled beat; Vic Mensa lends his unpredictable flow to the opening verse, and Kami De Chukwu ties the remix together with a breathless closing 16. This rendition of Gold isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can find the original on Sir Sly’s album of the same name, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.